Minnesota Modification of Decrees or Other Court Orders

Minnesota Modification of Decrees or Other Court Orders

Minnesota Modification of Decrees or Other Court Orders

As life goes on after a divorce, many times circumstances change making the terms of the original divorce decree unfair. Perhaps an adjustment is needed to serve the best interests of the children.

Child support or spousal maintenance modification requests require a demonstration of a significant change in circumstances. This may be warranted if a parent had a substantial change in income or, in the instance of child support, the parenting schedule has changed dramatically. You cannot stop making child support or spousal maintenance payments without the court’s consent. You will need a court order to do so. You should hire an attorney to help you get that order as soon as possible if you experience a change in circumstances.

You may also have changes within your family that require a new parenting schedule. It is very common to change the parenting time schedule as the children get older – a schedule created for a 2-year old likely looks very different than a schedule for a 16-year old. There may be other issues that need modification too.

If you have had a substantial change in circumstances, please contact us today.

Attorneys Cindy Perusse & Jennifer Nixon
  • Contact

Family Law Attorney
Cindy Perusse
Licensed in CA, CO & MN

Minnesota (Main)
11670 Fountains Drive
Suite 200
Maple Grove, MN 55369
(612) 564-2075

8400 Normandale Lake Boulevard
Suite 920
Bloomington, MN 55437
(612) 564-2075

Colorado (Main)
7887 E Belleview Ave
Suite 1100
Denver, CO 80111
(303) 228-2285


Attorney Cindy Perusse

we are here to help.

Contact us today to answer any questions you may have

Attorney Jennifer Nixon

© All rights reserved